OUR TIME DAILY TRANSLATION
We've heard you say it many times: "Politics is like a foreign language." Well, we agree.
Each week, we summarize, simplify, and interpret different major news stories and how they affect our generation. We'll give you our take, and you can decide for yourself.
- • According to a recent Gallup Poll, Americans rate “creating good jobs” as the top priority for the next president, with 48% of those polled rating it as “extremely important”
- • The next two issues rated with the highest importance are “reducing corruption in the federal government” and “reducing the federal budget”
• While supporters of Obama and Romney disagree on the priority of various issues such as healthcare and public education, jobs creation is an equally important issue across the board
WHY WE SHOULD CARE
• The presidential candidate who Americans think has the strongest plans to create good jobs will have a significant advantage in the upcoming election
• With the unemployment or under-employment rate of young Americans standing at 50%, this poll reflects the major concerns of our generation
• Job creation is a bi-partisan issue, one that affects Americans across the economic and political spectrum
OUR TIME OPINION
Both presidential candidates need to take a strong stance on creating new jobs. We think the best plan is to pledge to create one million new national service jobs. SIGN OUR PETITION at ONEMILLIONNEWJOBS.ORG if you agree!