OUR TIME DAILY TRANSLATION
We've heard you say it many times: "Politics is like a foreign language." Well, we agree.
Each week, we summarize, simplify, and interpret different major news stories and how they affect our generation. We'll give you our take, and you can decide for yourself.
Here are 5 ways that The Affordable Care Act is helping young Americans:
- You get to stay on your parents plan until age 26.
- Student health plans are now more comprehensive
- There is a greater focus on preventative care
- Insurance providers can’t discriminate against patients with pre-existing conditions
- Med students now can get more help paying back their loans and better chances at finding a job!
WHY WE SHOULD CARE
There’s a lot of talk about The Affordable Care Act or ‘Obamacare’. It’s important for us to know how the bill directly affects young Americans.
OUR TIME OPINION
Are you in support of the Affordable Care Act? Y/N